Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Retreat Countdown: 22 hours...

Time seems to be flying by now.  I keep thinking of everything in terms of "this time tomorrow..."  I am looking forward to this inner journey I am embarking upon.

This morning I sat for 45 minutes.  Some back pain this morning, but nothing I couldn't acknowledge and release.

Read an interesting quote this morning that I thought was perfect for the trouble I had with engaging thoughts this morning.  It can apply to more than the thoughts during meditation, but anything.  A disagreement with someone, anger, sadness, etc.

"Wherever and whenever the mind is found attached to anything
Make haste to detach yourself from it.
When you tarry for any length of time
It will turn again into your old hometown."
A Samurai verse

The iPhone did not revive as hoped this morning.  Will give it one more try this evening when I get off work.  Otherwise, will have to make alternate mobile conversation plans.

1 comment:

Page said...

I know what you mean. I'm to the "in two weeks" stage. I'm in the March 10 group, so I'll be anxious to hear about your experience.
Metta!