Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Retreat Countdown: 14 Days...and my practice sucks!

In two weeks I'll be packing the last of my bags, loading what I can in the car and finishing up that last load of laundry before going to bed and preparing for my trip to Georgia.

I'm somewhat dismayed at this time.  My meditation practice has been almost non-existent.  This knee-thing has been a much larger obstacle than it should be.  Perhaps I'm clinging to it as an excuse to not sit?  Maybe I've gotten back into a morning pattern which does not support my practice?  That seems more likely.  It always seems like I'm running late when I'm not getting up any later. 

I had all these lofty ideas and goals to "prepare" for this retreat.  I was going to keep losing weight.  I was going to stop drinking sodas and eating sugar.  I was going to sit for 45-minutes each morning and each night.

As I take another slug of my Pepsi and finish off that last cookie, I realize I've been sitting for at least 45-minutes each night - just in front of my computer!

There's never a better time to start than now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is already here! For some reason I was thinking it was March. Hopefully we will have a quick warm spell! If it makes you feel any better, i'm in the same boat - i've gained 10 pounds and havent exercised at all since the start of the year. As they say, life is what happens while you're planning....