Monday, January 18, 2010

Retreat Countdown: Day 37

Saturday night was our group meditation in which I sit for two 45-minute sessions.  The first session I feel like I did very well, although there was a little discomfort in my legs and feet.  My back didn't seem to bother me much.  The second session I felt was going well at the beginning but halfway through something suddenly changed and I couldn't get comfortable or stay focused on my personal meditation.

I did not sit at all on Sunday; however, I do feel I reached meditative states during different activites (laundry, sun gazing, washing dishes, cooking) throughout the day. 

I cherish the routine of the work week because I almost always meditate for a minimum of 15 minutes every morning.

This week end we made the final decision about Troy attending the retreat with me next month.  Due to one of our cats advanced age and recent medical emergency, we feel it would be best if one of us remains home to provide the specialized care she now requires.  Troy has graciously offered to stay so I can attend as planned.  I married a very good man.

No comments: