Sunday, March 21, 2010

They're coming home!!

Yesterday was Metta day at the Vipassana Center in Georgia. Today, my new friends will be returning home from their experience. Since I haven't heard from them yet, I am hopeful that means they made the full 10 days. I am really looking forward to hearing about their experiences, and, if they allow, will post them here -- or if they post them somewhere else, I will include the link here.

Last week was spent adjusting to "real life" once again, so my posts have fallen horribly behind. I hope to start posting this week with more on my experience at the center.

Drive safely, my friends!

2 comments:

Page said...

Hello Karen!
I lasted the whole 10 days, got home yesterday and have been thrust immediately back into the work world.
I am still processing everything I went through and am still going through. (Some gross sensations arose and have not entirely gone away yet.)
Nancy left on day 3. I was sad to see her go, but I guess she had her reasons (septic tank backing up may have been one of them!)
I am quite exhausted but need to get to work.
I will check in later.
Metta,
Page

Karen said...

Hi Page!

I am so happy to hear from you! I know it will take some time to process and get back into the swing of things, but I look forward to chatting more about your experience!

FYI - I found a couple of Goenka mp3s that are of him leading the group meditations - with chanting! I don't know about you, but now, just hearing his voice can soothe me. :) I'm posting the link to a new blog post, so check it out!

Metta,
Karen