Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just 15 minutes a day is all it takes...


For about two weeks now I've been fairly consistent at meditating for 15 minutes every morning before going to work.  This morning I noticed the 15 minutes doesn't seem like 15 minutes any more, but less.  It's very encouraging. 

I have also been working with trying to figure out how to sit properly to relieve back pain.  A friend of mine recommended finding the "sitting bones" and putting my weight there so I am sitting on my sitting bones (what they are designed for) instead of using my back to sit up.  You know what?  It works!!!

Your sitting bones are the bony protrusion in your butt.  Just bend over, reach behind you, grab your butt and feel for the bones.  When sitting, find those bones by leaning forward until you have placed your weight on them.  I was focusing too much on "sitting up straight" and that was what contributed to my back pain.  So far, so good!  Give it a try if you are also struggling with back pain.

1 comment:

Page said...

Karen -
I wish you the best of insight!
I start my 10 day on March 10.
Metta,
Page