Saturday, December 4, 2010

metamorphisis and meditation

The more I study meditation and Buddhism (the philosophy, not the religion), the more I begin to see a connection between the two.  One does not have to be Buddhist to study or understand the teachings.  To me, they are basically psychological and philosophical interpretations of reality.  The teachings of Buddha explain the theory, but meditation offers us the opportunity to explore and experience it.

As a result, I will be expanding this blog to encompass Buddhist teachings, philosophy, and reflections as I am touched by them. 

This will not be an attempt to convert anyone to Buddhism or to teach Buddhism.  It will simply be my reflections on teachings as I experience and understand them.  As I can watch my progress in meditation by reading through this blog, it will also give me the opportunity to observe my growth as I continue to study Buddhism.

Won't you join me on this wonderful journey?

No comments: